Thursday, January 10, 2008

Republican Debate - 1/10/08 - 4

Thompson -- Romney -- it's not a response -- give me 1.5 minutes-- They believe it IS over...this is a fight for the soul of the Republican party...he would be a Christian leader but would have liberal policies...Guantanamo, illegals, endorsed NEA, would sign a bill to ban smoking nationwide...Huck



Huckabee -- quip about being over the target...I appreciate the analysis...I'll give the facts...I cut taxes, spending - hadn't been done in my state...cut 11% out of the budget...stayed faithful to the things of Reagan...Club for Growth would be protesting Reagan...my state kept electing me.

Your conservatism for voters to decide
Rudy - Reagan was elected b/c he was the strongest leader...peace through strength and empowering people...I worked for Reagan...he appointed me twice...his principles will apply now to different circumstances...I believe in strong national defense like him...I believe we must pursue principles of lowering taxes, restraining principles...disagreements on social issues...but if we want to win in states that Reagan won...a broad and inclusive outreach.

9/11 truthers? Do you embrace that rhetoric?
Paul - I've abandoned those viewpoints. I can't tell them what to do? let me participate in the current debate...have we lost our way? It's gone...we're not fiscal conservatives any more...we're big govt. people...we're entitlement people and we talk about liberty?? We won by condemning the Dems for policing the world and that's what we're doing now...and our economy is suffering and the dollar is crashing...we have lost our way...I've never voted to spend one penny of SS fund...

[BREAK]

No comments: