Sunday, November 18, 2007

What I've learned so far...

My experience since I've moved to PA has been one of learning. Every experience has something to teach, and one ought to be vigilant and intentional to learn the lessons. This past week has brought a lot of good words of advice from friends that understand this. Many of you sent offerings of help, prayers and focused attention. I am grateful.

Here is a sampling, that you may be edified along with me:

  • God is good all the time and all the time God is good. My Grandpa used to say that at the start of every service he would say "God is good" and the good old pentecostals would reply "all the time" :)
  • I would invite you to pray, offering up all these painful things to the crucified Christ, Whose own sufferings for our sins cannot be repaid at any price. In this way you associate yourself closely with Him and participate in your own way in His Passion. So too it is possible to grasp the full meaning of personal suffering from the Fall to the supreme act of Christ’s redemption.
  • God is good, and there are no accidents. "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety" (Psalm 4:8).
  • With as many times as God (through Paul) repeats, "Grace and peace to you," He must really mean it.
  • I am thinking of Jehosophat standing in front of that vast army and saying to God..."we don't know what to do" and God answered him Trust Me, this battle is not yours but Mine.

No comments: