Monday, April 14, 2008

Johns Hopkins no more

I was planning on going to Johns Hopkins..had an appointment scheduled and everything...but they don't accept my insurance, not even with a preauthorization. "That's curious", I thought, "why would a hospital not accept insurance payments, even when the insurance would gladly allow me to go out of network?"

"They either don't pay, or the process is so torturous that they don't want to be bothered with it...but more likely the former", I replied to me.

So, what to do? I'm getting advice from a doc and beginning to pursue something that neither of us are sure will go anywhere, but at least it's something. I'll let you know if it works.

Interesting article in WSJ today on health insurance as the middleman hiking prices. The comments on this related blog post are very good and insightful, especially for one newly coming to the realization of the fiasco that health insurance has become.

No comments: